Sexual Abuse Lawyer Pennsylvania: Elder sexual abuse most frequently occurs in nursing homes, however, it also occurs in the private homes of seniors, usually through contact with their service providers. Sadly, it is typically not reported by the senior due to generational beliefs that matters involving sexual contact should not be discussed, and due to fear of humiliation or retaliation.
Elder sexual abuse consists of coercing an elderly person into any unwanted sexual activity through the use of: force; deception; threats; or other means. Sexual abuse also consists of any sexual touching of any senior who is unable to grant consent. If you suspect that your family member has been a victim of elder sexual abuse, you should immediately report it to the police before you call our office. The Lassen Law Firm, Sexual Abuse Lawyers Pennsylvania, handles all cases of sexual abuse with the strictest confidentiality and compassion.
Elder Sexual Abuse Fact Sheet
- The majority of elder sexual abuse victims in Pennsylvania are women.
- The average age of an elder sexual abuse victim is 70.
- The majority of elder sexual abuse occurs in nursing homes and institutional settings.
- Most of the elder sexual abuse victims are dependent on others for their care
- Most elder sexual abuse victims are functioning poorly.
- Most elder sexual abuse don't report the sexual abuse due to generational beliefs.
- Most elder sexual abuse victims suffer gential injuries from the sexual assault
- Many elder sexual abuse victims sustain fractures to their hips and pelvis from sexual assaults.
- The majority of sexual abuse perpetrators are the elder's caregivers.
- Compensation is available to victims and their families for elder sexual abuse and assault with the help of the Lassen Law Firm, Sexual Abuse Lawyers in Pennsylvania.
If you suspect that your family member has been the victim of sexual abuse, whether it is from a caregiver who comes to the home, or whether it is in a nursing home or other institutional setting, you need to get representation from a sexual abuse lawyer. The Lassen Law Firm handles all cases of sexual abuse with the greatest sensitivity and compassion, and will help you get the maximum amount of compensation available under Pennsylvania law.
Stop Searching. Start Calling. 215-510-6755.
Authored by: Christian Lassen