Amusement Park Accident Lawyer Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Adventure, amusement, theme and water parks have become extremely popular recreational spots throughout the country in recent years, and we are beginning to see a substantial increase in serious injuries resulting from corporate and individual employees' failure to protect the safety of visitors. Unfortunately, dangerous conditions rarely come to light until a serious adventure park accident occurs.
At the Lassen Law Firm, we are prepared to evaluate accidents and injuries, including those occurring at:
- Bushkill Park
- Conneaut Lake Park
- Six Flags Great Adventure
- Fantasy Island
- DelGrosso's Amusement Park
- Dorney Park
- Dutch Wonderland
- Hershey Park
- Idlewild Park
- Lakemont Park
- Sesame Place
- Waldameer Park
- Blue Falls Grove
- Camelbeach Waterpark
- Carousel Water and Fun Park
- Wildwater Kingdom
- Keansburg Amusement Park
- Gillian's Wonderland Pier
- Mountain Creek Waterpark
- Raging Waters/Ocean Oasis
- Runaway Rapids Waterpark
- Thundering Surf Waterpark
- Various other full-scale adventure parks, theme parks and water parks, as well as various fairs, carnivals, and inflatable water slides.
Amusement Park Accidents
- Amusement park accidents usually fall into one of the following categories:
- Negligence on the part of the park, ride operators, employees or maintenance personnel;
- Defectively manufactured rides, slides, bungee cords, and other amusement park machines;
- The result of a guest's known or unknown health issues;
- Negligence on the part of the guest;
- Acts of God.
With the large amount of attractions and visitors at the park, it is inevitable that personal injuries will occur, even if the proper safety precautions have been taken. Contact the Lassen Law Firm to see how we may help you recover compensation for your injuries.
If You Sustained Injury at an Amusement Park
If you or a loved one has sustained injury while at a theme park, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries. In order to get compensation, many steps need to be taken to determine liability. Primarily, the cause of the accident/injury should be identified, the duty of the park and the employees should be determined, expert opinion should be sought to prove that there was a breach of duty on behalf of the park. These initial steps in the accident investigation process are very important in determining who is liable for your injury.
A person not trained in law or an attorney with no experience in litigating adventure park accident cases may not be able to handle them properly. This is the reason why you need to work with a litigation attorney who has resolved many adventure park accident cases and has recovered high settlements and jury awards for patrons who sustained injures. Taking action to recover compensation for medical expenses and other damages from an amusement park injury or wrongful death calls for an experienced premises liability lawyer. Our legal team at the Lassen Law firm has the knowledge and experience to investigate thoroughly, expose what happened and why, and build a strong case on our client's behalf after the following accidents at theme parks:
- Broken and unrepaired or fundamentally unsafe water slides, inflatable structures, pools and other facilities;
- Slippery conditions in areas where patrons should not anticipate them;
- Children ejected from adult rides;
- Children falling from a drop tower;
- Riders colliding inside a high-speed water ride/slide;
- Malfunctioning of rides, drops towers, other equipment;
- Patrons getting struck by roller-coasters;
- Bungee-jumpers falling when a bungee cord breaks;
- Rides derailing;
- Ride operators' negligence;
- Water slides collapsing;
- Spin rides coming to an abrupt stop leaving riders stranded upside down;
- Exceeding the maximum capacity of the riders in a car causing it to derail;
- Failures to control potentially injury-causing behavior of other patrons;
- Failure to control access to areas unsafe for children, leading to serious child injuries such as oxygen deprivation from near-drowning.
Personal Injury Lawyer Pennsylvania
While the amusement park and attractions industry is in the business of fun, with the most owners, operators and suppliers taking ride safety seriously, accidents do happen. A person may be happily enjoying a ride one minute, and may be grotesquely injured the next. Most amusement facilities are designed to safely deliver enjoyment and fun to their guests providing services to millions of guests. In 2010, approximately 290 million guests visited U.S. amusement facilities and safely enjoyed 1.7 billion rides. However, when a guest gets injured in an amusement park, the injuries are often serious and even fatal. In 2010, more than 8,800 ride related injuries occurred in the United States. In the same year, more than 15,500 people were injured while riding Go-karts at amusement venues; around 3,600 people got injured while using inflatable amusement devices and more than 3,000 people sustained injuries using water slides.
When guests get injured on rides, they need to seek immediate medical attention. After getting the appropriate treatment for your injuries, it is important to speak with an experienced premises liability lawyer who has experience litigating these cases. The Lassen Law Firm, Pennsylvania adventure park accident attorneys, has the resources and experience to recover compensation for your amusement park injury case. Call the Lassen Law Firm now to see how we can help.
The Lassen Law Firm only deducts a 29% contingency fee, not the standard 45% like other firms. We serve ALL of Pennsylvania. We can sign you up over the phone and start working on your case today.
Stop Searching. Start Calling. 215-510-6755
Authored by: Christian Lassen