Having a motorcycle can be an exhilarating experience, but in order to enjoy life on the open road drivers should make safety their top priority. Motorcycle accidents in Philadelphia are far too common. It is important to take extra safety measures when heading out for an afternoon joy ride on the bike. These safety tips can help motorcycle drivers prevent accidents while on the road.
Tips for Preventing Motorcycle Accidents
- Always wear a helmet, even if it's not required by law in the particular state where you are riding. Helmets may not on a motorcycle you can help prevent serious injuries should you be involved in an accident.
- Don’t exceed the speed limit and maintain a safe distance from the driver in front of you. Be aware of the flow of traffic, but always stick to the posted speed limit. Avoid tailgating in order to end up in an accident, but also be mindful of the vehicles that are in the lanes next to you who may not be aware you are there. Drive with respect, caution and care, and you will greatly reduce your risk of being in an accident.
- Make motorcycle maintenance a top priority. If you experience equipment failure while on the road, it can result in a serious accident with significant damages. Instead, take your motorcycle in for regular tune-up appointments and be sure to make any preventative repairs that are necessary.
- Avoid attempting to share lanes with other motorcycles or vehicles. Given the fact that your motorcycle is smaller and slimmer than a car, it might be tempting to try to share lanes or sneak in between lanes. This is dangerous, though, and can result in an accident. Drive your motorcycle as if you were driving a full-size vehicle.
- Be aware of your specific motorcycle riding skill set and know your own personal limitations. Do not attempt something that you are not comfortable with, and drive cautiously while on the road.
These safety tips will help motorcyclists be prepared in the event of an accident and can also help prevent accidents from occurring. However, the reality is, motorcycle accidents can and do occur on a regular basis. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the Lassen Law Firm in order to learn about the options that are available to you. The Philadelphia motorcycle accident lawyers of the Lassen Law Firm will fight hard for you.
The Lassen Law Firm only deducts a low 29% contingency fee, not the standard 40-45% like other firms. We serve ALL of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We can sign you up over the phone and start working on your case today.
The Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102