The aftermath of a car or truck accident, workplace accident, dog bites, or any other injury causing event can cause great stress and financial distress to the injury victim and his or her family. Oftentimes, the experience of going through the personal injury claim process can be just as debilitating as the personal injury event that lead to the claim.
In order to make the consequences a little easier for personal injury victims, the Lassen Law Firm is offering several tips to those people who are going through the often frustrating and lengthy personal injury claim process:
1) Trust your attorney. It is important to know your case is handled properly. If you do not believe your attorney is doing his/her work properly, consider hiring a new attorney.
2) Be patient. A strong personal injury claim takes time to build. Give your attorney the time he or she needs to work the case up to where it needs to be for an optimum settlement/jury verdict;
3) Check with your attorney regularly. Inform your attorney of the progress of your medical treatment and call often for a status update;
4) Allow your attorney to develop a strategy that works best to achieve your goal. If your attorney informs you that the insurance company claims the accident was your fault, or takes the position that you were not injured, remember that the only way to get an insurance company to pay is to fight them;
5) Tell the truth. Everything you and your attorney discuss is confidential.
Therefore, you should always tell him or her the truth so your attorney can work to get you the best result possible.
If you have more questions about a personal injury claim, please call the Lassen Law Firm for more information.