Drunk driving is termed illegal in just about every country around the globe. You read thousands of messages in the media speaking of the dangers of driving under the influence. Yet, drunk drivers put themselves and millions of innocent pedestrians, passengers and other drivers at risk.
Drunk driving is fatal; people get seriously hurt, or die in some cases. The victims' lives are turned upside down within seconds.
A Philadelphia car accident lawyer can help you come to terms with the trauma that ensues and lay out legal options in front of you.
You need help in getting the compensation you need and look forward to recovering from the harrowing, often life-changing experience. Car accident lawyers understand the pain, hurt and loss brought about as a result of drunk driving.
Statistics have proven drunk driving-related accidents are among the most serious of accidents and form almost one-third of traffic fatalities across the US. Drunk drivers make dangerous decisions; they drive aggressively, usually speed, fall asleep or cross over to the wrong side of the road. Failing to stop at traffic lights is common and you can imagine what follows.
Unfortunate though for victims, Pennsylvania auto insurance companies thrive off these situations and make money in the process. They cannot be relied on for protection, irrespective of the damages and injuries you've suffered. Insurance companies typically settle cases quickly and as cheaply as possible; you usually don't get a chance to make your stand and end up getting an unfair settlement.
An established Philadelphia car accident attorney with a proven track record can tip the scales in your favor. You can expect him/her to get you the money you so direly need for medical bills, the pain and suffering you endured and the time missed at work.
At a glance, here's what you get. Your lawyer will:
- Deal with insurance companies
- Help you get a handle on medical bills
- Gather evidence to prove your case
- Not treat you like a claim but a person; your health is top priority and he/she understands the amount of stress you're under
- Answer car accident questions and concerns in simple words
- Update you on the case progress
- Listen to your concerns; you choose when to settle the case; your lawyer gives you options that make sense to you and there's no pressure to force you into a legal battle
- Not charge you unless he/she gets you the money you deserve
Don't waste time. Get the help and compensation you need. You want to get over this and focus on getting better.