Accidents caused by a detached trailer happen quite often on a roadway. A trailer detached from a moving tractor or truck can cause serious injuries to other drivers and can cause substantial damage to cars. Trailer hitch accidents can happen when:
- The trailer hitch was defectively designed, defectively manufactured and results in a trailer detaching from the hauling vehicle;
- A trailer hitch comes loose and flows through a windshield of another driver;
- A trailer comes loose, crosses the center lane of the highway and hits another car;
- A boat trailer becomes detached from a vehicle pulling a boat and hits another car;
- The locking mechanism was defectively designed or manufactured causing a trailer to detach;
- Safety chains were not properly attached or used;
- The trailer hitch was not fitted correctly on the ball.
When a trailer detaches from the hauling vehicle and injures other motorists on the road, accident victims have a claim for financial recovery in the form of money damages against various parties, including the driver of the tractor-trailer or the hauling truck, the manufacturer, distributor or seller of a defective hitch, safety chain or locking mechanism. The Lassen Law Firm recovers money damages for victims who suffer injuries as a result of negligence or a defective part. At the Lassen Law Firm, Pennsylvania detached trailer lawyers, we represent victims of detached trailer accidents. We handle both injury and wrongful death cases. If you have been injured by a detached trailer or have been involved in an accident caused by a defective trailer hitch, call the Lassen Law Firm now for your free consultation.