One of the last things that you want to happen is to be involved in a car accident. When you are involved in a car accident, there are several steps that have to be taken. Before you get to all of the paperwork, there are steps that you have to take. Car accidents are stressful, and they usually occur unexpectedly. The Lassen Law Firm, Philadelphia car accident attorneys, handles all car crashes at the reduced contingency fee of only 29%
Although vehicle accidents occur unexpectedly, your best bet is to be prepared. You will need to have a set of cones in your trunk or emergency flares. Warning triangles can also be used in the situation of a car accident. These items will be used to warn traffic that there is a situation up ahead.
After the Accident
After the accident has occurred, try to remember to stay calm and relaxed. The next thing you need to do is check for injuries. If you are not sure, call an ambulance. If this accident is minor, move all of the vehicles that were involved to the side of the road where they will not interfere with traffic. As a safety precaution, turn your vehicle's hazard lights on and use your safety cones or triangles to alert traffic. Although the accident may be minor, notify the police.
Details to Remember
In the event that you are asked to sign any documents, do not do so unless you are asked by the police. After you have checked on other individuals who were involved in the accident, and notified the proper authorities, take notes about everything that took place in the accident. If the name that is on the vehicle's registration is different than the driver's make a note of this. Regardless if the accident was your fault or not, remain polite. If you believe that the accident was your fault, remain quiet and polite. Do not voice your opinions regarding the fault of the accident. If you were hurt in the accident, you will need to contact a Philadelphia car accident lawyer.
Why Do I Need to Hire a Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney?
1. Contrary to the popular beliefs of many injured drivers, insurance companies do NOT have your best interest at heart.
2. The statutes of limitations is short in Pennsylvania, and there are short notice requirements when it involves a city.
3. A personal injury lawyer can prevent you from sabotaging your case, as if you tried to resolve it yourself, this would likely be the case.
Benefits of a Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer
1. A personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia is aware of the laws that pertain to Pennsylvania. The attorney will be familiar with the laws that are associated with your case.
2. Negotiating fair compensation is yet another benefit of hiring a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer. Insurance companies make most of their money due to the fact that they under compensate injured individuals. For this reason, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer to ensure that you do not become a victim of the insurance company.